Cummins ISB engines deliver:
- Exceptional fuel economy
- Extended oil-change intervals
- Up to 500,000-mile engine life
- Lowered engine position to eliminate doghouse
|Cummins® ISB 6.7L||200HP||520 lb.-ft. torque|
|Cummins ISB 6.7L||220HP||520 lb.-ft. torque|
|Cummins ISB 6.7L||240HP||560 lb.-ft. torque|
|Cummins ISB 6.7L||260HP||560 lb.-ft. torque|
Hydraulic ABS and 15-inch Bosch® Pin-Slide Disc Brakes
WABCO® hydraulic four-channel ABS disc brakes are built to make stopping heavier loads easier with increased heat resistance and decreased brake fade and wear. They deliver reliable, uniform stopping power and better steering control during emergency situations. The Bosch® pin-slide design reduces maintenance time, keeping your vehicles on the road longer.
Bendix® Air Disc Brakes*
The state-of-the-art Bendix® air disc braking system delivers the ultimate in safety and reliability. You will feel especially secure when descending hills and steep mountain grades. When your foot applies the brakes, they will perform as expected, and you will be in complete command of your bus.
- Shorter stopping distance compared to drum brakes
- Reduce fade and squealing, as they dissipate heat more effectively than drum brakes
- Easier maintenance
Meritor Q Plus® Air Drum Brakes
Meritor Q Plus® Air Drum Brakes offer better stopping power for heavier loads due to additional torque and consistent pressure. Any loss of pressure will activate the air brakes, eliminating the risk of brake failure and making them safer by design than standard hydraulics.
*Available w/ Airliner Air suspension only
Select Optional Features
- Daylight running lights
- Cruise control and programmable high idle
- Transit-specific options available
- Tuned suspensions and match-marked tires offer a superior ride compared to a traditional truck suspension
- Standard frame-mounted, rollout battery tray with cover; easier accessibility than a traditional under-step configuration; capable of holding dual 8 D batteries
- Exhaust clearance is configured to allow for an in-step wheelchair lift, giving you and your customer more floor-plan options
- Exceeds the “Buy America” requirements, giving you the confidence that your vehicle was made in America
- Composite headlamps with brighter beam pattern and integral turn signals
- Chrome grille and headlight bezels
Tires & Wheels
With an array of options, Michelin tires are made to suit the needs of each walk-in van fleet.
|Michelin® XZE 245/70R 19.5 16-ply|
|Michelin XZE 255/70R 22.5 16-ply|
|Michelin XZA 265/70R 22.5 16-ply/td>|
For specific tire information, take a look at Michelin Tires.
TAKE A LOOK
Accuride® 19.5” – 22.5” x 6.75” steel or aluminum wheels.
CUSTOM-TUNED SACHS® SHOCKS
Found on premium automotive brands around the world including Mercedes-Benz, Rolls-Royce and Maserati, Sachs shocks are exclusive to FCCC bus chassis. Used with all suspensions, they absorb and dissipate energy from bumps and road irregularities for longer chassis life and a smooth, comfortable ride.
Hendrickson Spring Suspensions
52” Variable Rate Multi-Leaf
12,500 – 23,000 lbs.
52” 2-Stage Taper-Leaf with Rubber Helper
18,000 – 23,000 lbs.
Hendrickson is committed to developing products that serve to improve efficiencies for the transportation industry and deliver advanced, reliable and cost-effective technologies. Their unique approach to leaf spring manufacturing has revolutionized its performance, reducing weight by as much as 70% over conventional designs while improving performance and durability. Rugged and efficient, each product adheres to Hendrickson’s strict design and quality standards.
For more on Hendrickson suspensions, take a look at their brochure.
Meritor Single Rear Axles
15,000 – 23,000 lbs.
Meritor’s proven designs are combined with high-strength engineered materials to provide excellent performance and durability.
- Gearing and axle shaft designs are matched to deliver cost-effective, dependable functionality
- Gearing options provide long life and increased durability
- Precision-forged differential gears provide maximum strength and shock resistance
- Rigid differential cases support precise gear alignment and durability
- A wide range of axle arrangements and housing bowl positions allow customization and packaging flexibility for manufacturers
- The widest range of gear ratios available enable manufacturers to choose axles to fit their desired fuel economy, greater torque or maximum traction
- Available two-speed hypoid axles offer additional traction as needed
- Versatile, high-quality components ensure quiet operation and ease of service
- Lightweight aluminum carrier casting options deliver additional payload capacity and fuel economy
- Optional Driver-Controlled Differential Lock (DCDL) provides superior traction and spinout protection in slippery conditions