Handling Luxury with Precision.
As the first line of tag axles that are fully-integrated and precision-tuned to react to turns and maneuvers of the coach, UltraSteer establishes a new standard for premium RV ride and handling.
- Auto-Locks to straight @ 20mph and in reverse for complete control
- Flexible coach packaging for increased storage options
- QuickAlign and optimized rubber bushings increase suspension life and reduce maintenance
- Compatible with disc and drum brakes
- Up to 17% reduction in curb-to-curb turning radius as compared to an ordinary fixed tag axle—140% improvement over the competition
- 20% tighter turning angle than the nearest competitor
Improved Ride & Handling
- UltraSteer’s outboard-mounted design is more reactive to roll input than inboard-mounted shocks, which improves handling in turns and maneuvers such as sudden lane changes
- Wide track suspension arms provide increased lateral stiffness over narrow track suspension arms, improving handling and safety (B-Series)
- In contrast to rear mounted tie rods that can still cause tire scrub, the UltraSteer’s forward-mounted tie rods and correct steering geometry enable the inside wheel to have a 12° turning angle and follow the ideal turning path—eliminating tire scrub
A straight beam axle and wide track suspension arms provide increased lateral stiffness, delivering improved handling and safety in turns and sudden maneuvers while offering OEMs flexible floorplan options.
An independent suspension on the tag axle provides enhanced overall ride quality and stability, with a comparable weight capacity and turning angle to the B-Series.
|Side to Side Stability||Good||Best|
|Weight Capacity (GVWR)||Best||Best|